Matrix Legal Services is an independent provider of legal support services across the UK
Forensic dentistry or forensic odontology is the application of dental knowledge to those criminal and civil laws that are enforced by police agencies in a criminal justice system.
Forensic odontology is a branch of forensic medicine and, in the interests of justice, deals with the proper examination, handling and presentation of dental evidence in a court of law. The work of a forensic odontologist covers:
- Identification of unknown human remains through dental records and assisting at the scene of a mass disaster
- Age estimations of both living and deceased persons including neo-natal remains
- Analysis of bite marks found on victims of attack
- Identification of bitemarks in other substances such as wood, leather and foodstuffs
- Analysis of weapon marks using the principles of bite mark analysis
- Presentation of bite and weapon mark evidence in court as an expert witness
- Assistance in building up a picture of lifestyle and diet at an archeological site.
Our Odontology experts
Click on the names below to read the profiles of our experts
Contact Matrix Legal Services
For further information, please contact Stephanie Kenyon on +44 (0)7801 994459 or through your local office (see contact page).