Shaun Walbridge FCCA, FAE, QDR
The expertise behind the service
Matrix Forensic Accounting & Investigations is headed by Shaun Walbridge FCCA, FAE, QDR who is a Chartered Certified Accountant with over 20 years experience as a forensic accountant, producing independent expert reports on numerous cases in both the civil and criminal fields.
Shaun is a leading forensic accountant and expert witness having acted in numerous cases that have gone to trial. He has given extensive oral evidence in Crown and High Courts and other tribunals.
Shaun trained with a top 50 firm of Chartered Accountants in the South West of England, qualifying in 1991. He is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, a Registered Auditor and a practising Fellow of The Academy of Experts. He is also an accredited mediator through TAE and is one of the relatively few (less than 100) who hold the Institute of Chartered Accountants “Accredited Forensic Accountant & Expert Witness” designation.
As a fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Shaun holds audit registration and reports on financial matters under the Companies Act and other related acts.
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Associate 1991
- Fellow 1996
- Registered auditor 1991
- Academy of Experts – Member 1999, Fellow 2016, Accredited Forensic Accounting Expert Witness
- Qualified Dispute Resolver 2001
Summary of career history
- Following qualification as a Chartered Certified Accountant, Shaun started a management consultancy practice specialising in Local & Health Authority finances and special investigations.
- In 1994, he started his own accountancy practice providing business advisory, audit, accountancy and tax compliance services to SME businesses throughout the South West of England.
- From 1994 he commenced specialising in expert witness work and over the course of the next 12 years developed a specialist forensic accounting practice.
- In his role as Expert Witness, he has prepared reports across all disciplines and has given evidence in the Crown and High Courts and at Tribunals.
- In October 2006 he became managing director of S W Forensic Accounting Ltd with responsibility for the development of the firm’s forensic accounting and litigation support services.
- In October 2008 he was appointed a Partner in BTG Forensic (a division of the Begbies Traynor Group), subsequently leaving in September 2011 to set up the niche practice Matrix Forensic.
Shaun accepts instructions from both Claimant and Defendant solicitors, Prosecution and Defence, barristers, insurers, companies and individuals to quantify the value of claims.
- Commercial claims
- Forensic insolvency
- Personal injury & fatal accidents
- Fraud & money laundering
- Criminal cases
- Share & business valuations
- Professional negligence
- Matrimonial disputes
- Confiscation/Proceeds of crime
Shaun has provided reports as a single joint expert and as a party appointed expert, or where required as an expert advisor to either party. He has given evidence in the Crown and High Court on numerous occasions in both civil and criminal cases and is noted for the clarity of his reports.